When you prepare and eat your meals at home it's relatively easy
to keep to your eating plan. However dining away from home, whether
it's a quick takeaway, or dining at the finest 5 star restaurant
offers some unique challenges. Some sensible planning and choosing
when you are eating away from home will help you keep within the
Celebrity Slim guidelines.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Many Asian dishes, such as meat and vegetable stir fry, are
allowable as long as you don't eat the rice or noodles. Ask for
more vegetables instead.
- Try to choose MSG free (Mono Sodium Glutamate) foods as there
is some evidence that suggests that MSG can interfere with fat
burning metabolism causing fat to be retained.
- Beware of sweet sauces as they will be high in sugar, for
example: lemon chicken, sweet and sour, etc.
- Roast chicken with salad (coleslaw, Greek or garden salad and
not potato or pasta salad) is a good choice. Don't eat the stuffing
as it is high in carbohydrates.
- Spare ribs are delicious and very low in carbohydrates.
- Chicken and beef satay sticks with satay sauce are delicious
and contain very little carbohydrates.
- Takeaway chicken, beef or tuna salads tend to be low in
carbohydrates - ask for dressing on the side and use sparingly, may
be loaded with fats and carbs.
- BBQ chicken and salad - remove the skin as this can be very
fatty. Don't ask for chips, more salad is a better option and don't
eat the stuffing!
- Grilled fish and salad - make sure the fish is not coated in
- For drinks, choose bottled water, sparkling mineral water, diet
drinks, or tea and coffee with a dash of milk.
- Pizza - the base is almost pure carbohydrates.
- Fish and chips - chips are pure carbohydrates
- Hamburgers - the buns are not only carbohydrates but many have
added sugar to make them taste better.
- Pies and pasties - the pastry and much of the filling (not much
meat protein unfortunately) is mostly carbohydrates.
- Cakes, ice creams and donuts - mostly carbohydrates.