Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
Cottage Pie topped with Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
What you'll need
- 400g lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml beef stock
- Medium sized cauliflower (300g)
- 50g reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese (plus 2 tablespoons
- 10g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- Black pepper
The easy bit
- Place chopped cauliflower in a saucepan of water, bring to boil
and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, meanwhile fry the onion, celery and
garlic with oil for 3-4 minutes in a frying pan until softened. Add
mince and cook until browned. Add stock, tomatoes and thyme and
cook for 20-30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Drain cauliflower and mash adding the butter and cheese. Mix
well to ensure the cheese melts. Keep warm until the mince is
- Pour mince mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with mashed
cauliflower then sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for a further
15-20 minutes until brown.
Approx. 681 Calories per serving.