Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
Baked Apple & Blackberry Desserts
What you'll need
- 4 medium apples (Granny Smith or other)
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 250g blackberries
- 1 tablespoon low-fat creme fraiche
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Halve the apples and remove the cores making a well for
the blackberries to sit in.
- Stand the apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix together the honey, cinnamon and orange zest and
place an equal amount into the cavity of each apple. Pour the
orange juice over the apples.
- Roast the apples for about 40 minutes, spooning the juices from
the bottom of the dish over them occasionally.
- When the apples are almost ready, spoon the blackberries around
and on the apples and return to the oven for a further 10
- Serve with a dollop of low-fat creme fraiche.