Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
Beef Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 250g beef mince
- ½ small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 20g parmesan, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- To make the meatballs, mix together all ingredients in a
- Work mixture with hands until smooth, then shape into 12
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs, then place
in a roasting dish.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook
the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, water, salt, pepper and ½ tablespoon of
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, place in the oven for 10-15
minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Scatter over the remaining oregano to serve.
Tip: You can replace the beef mince with chicken mince in this
Nutritional information per serve
- Energy 1136kJ
- Protein 30g
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 4g