Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
Tomato, Eggplant and Mozzarella Stack
What you'll need
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 mozzarella ball packet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 10g fresh basil
The easy bit
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c.
- Take the eggplant and cut six 1cm rounds of roughly the
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the slices and
season with a little salt and pepper, pop onto a hot griddle pan
and cook on both sides until slightly charred. Then remove from the
- Slice the beef tomatoes into four pieces roughly the same
thickness. Slice the mozzarella cheese into 6, again
- Finely chop the basil and pop it into a small bowl and
mix with the remaining olive oil, parmesan cheese and
- Place the two bottom slices of the tomato into a small
oven-proof dish, season with salt and pepper then top with a slice
of eggplant, a slice of mozzarella followed by a small amount of
the dressing, repeat the layers and finish off with the last slice
of tomato, remembering to season each layer.
- Place the tomato stack into the pre-heated oven for 10-15
minutes until soft and the cheese has melted. Serve with fresh
507 Calories per serving.