Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
Zucchini Fritters with Rocket
What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals). Alternatively, enjoy 1-2 as a snack.
- 1 small egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 small zucchinis, about 200g, coarsely grated
- 50g feta, crumbled
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The easy bit
- Combine egg, flour and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add zucchini, feta, onion, thyme and garlic and gently stir to
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place 4 heaped tablespoons of zucchini mixture around the edge
of the pan, allowing room for spreading, and flatten slightly.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can freeze these fritters and defrost 1-2 as an
Nutritional information per serve
- Energy 718kJ
- Protein 6g
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 10g