Recipe of the week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity
Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight
loss goal and keep it off for good.
French Onion Soup with Parmesan
What you'll need
Serves 2 (meals)
- 20g butter
- 3 medium brown onions, halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups beef stock
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper
- 15g parmesan, grated
The easy bit
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 15-20 minutes
or until the onions are soft and deep brown in colour.
- Add the stock, wine and bay leaf and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes,
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a sprinkling of
Tip: You can also spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the soup over red
meats as a sauce.
Tip: To make this recipe vegetarian, simply replace the beef
stock with vegetable stock.
Nutritional information per serve
- Energy 842kJ
- Protein 8g
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 10g